2023 SCHEDULE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTiON: HERE IS 2022’s
The camp site will be open Thursday – Monday, August 4th-August 8th, 2022. Thursday is optional for early arrival and setup, or to get an early start in the Creativity Lab. Friday starts with workshops. The first all-up coordinating meeting is 7pm on Friday, and our art show is Saturday at 7:30pm.
PLEASE NOTE THE SCHEDULE IS TENTATIVE DEPENDING ON KING COUNTY’S COVID 19 REQUIREMENTS.
|noon – midnight||Early arrival and personal camp setup
Creativity Lab setup
|8: 00pm – 11:00pm||Group fire and early arrival informal meetup|
|All day||Arrival and personal camp setup|
7:00pm – 8:00pm
Around the room project descriptions and group formations
|8:30pm – 10:30pm||Workshop: Join the Fairy Tree Village — Make Your Own Mini Tree House on a Tree Mushroom with LEDs|
10:00pm – 2:00am
|All day, all night||Open Creativity Lab|
|10: 00am – 12:00pm||Workshop: No Code Tools for Generative Art|
|12:00pm – 1:30pm||Workshop : Make Your Own Fairy and Dragonfly Wings (kid friendly)|
|6: 00pm – 7:00pm||Group dinner|
|7:30pm – 11:30pm||A Midsummer Night’s Dream! Art Show and Party
Experience projects exploring human imagination in nature. Think Fairy Prom! Costumes encouraged.
|9: 00pm – 2:00am||Group fire|
|9:00am – 12:00pm||Open Creativity Lab|
|10: 00am – 12:00pm||Personal camp take down|
|12:00pm – 5:00pm||Creativity Lab, Kitchen and art show takedown|
|9:00am – 12:00pm||Personal camp takedown. Must be out by noon.|
We know some of you cannot wait until August, so here’s how you can get involved now:
- Planning and Organizing: This event is based on volunteer effort! Do you have ideas for what should be there? Do you want to help organize? Would you like to organize a workshop? Would you like to help set it up or take it town? Please contact Shelly Farnham the lead organizer at shelly <at> TotallyLegitLLC <dot> com to get more involved.
- Brainstorming and Recruiting: Do the brainstorming and pre-preparation required to hit the ground running when you arrive. Recruit your collaborators, friends, or family to join you.
DAY 1: Thursday, August 4th, 2022
- Early arrival, personal camp setup, and lab setup: You may arrive any time after noon Thursday to get your camp set up, enjoy the environment, start working on your project, or help set up the creativity lab. Camp placement is first come first serve, but please be mindful of designated areas on the layout map. If you are in the wrong place you will be asked to move.
- Early Arrivals Meetup, 8pm – 11pm, at the group fire (by the kitchen): Early arrivals meetup, with casual conversation about project ideas.
DAY 2: Friday, August 5th, 2022
- Arrival and personal camp set up, all day: Arrive, set up your camp, enjoy the environment.
- Open Creativity Lab, all day, all night: The creatively lab will be open all day and night, you may dive in to your project-ing at any time, or wait until our coordinating meetup at 7pm. In the lab, there will be wifi (limited to project-related browsing), basic electronics tools and supplies, and miscellaneous art supplies to spark creativity.
- Kickoff Meeting with welcome remarks, pitches, and team formation, 7pm-8pm, at the Creativity Lab. To get the most out of Electric Sky, please come to this all up coordinating meetup. We will provide a brief overview of the event, and people will have the opportunity to share their ideas, brainstorm new ideas, recruit others to help, and form teams.
- Workshop: Join the Fairy Tree Village — Make Your Own Mini Tree House on a Tree Mushroom with LEDs, 8:30pm-10:30pm, at the Creativity Lab. We will provide basic ingredients so you can create a mini tree house, and add it to our growing Fairy Tree Village on a tree mushroom. Show off your project in our group show on Saturday.
- Group fire, (by the kitchen), 9pm to 2am-ish. Join the fire for conversation and ideas.
DAY 3: Saturday, August 6th, 2022
- Open Creativity Lab, all day, all night.
- Workshop: 10:00am-12:00pm. No Code Tools for Generative Art. Learn the amazing tools for computer generated art without writing any code. Organized by Genevieve Tremblay.
- Workshop: 12:00-1:30PM Make Your Own Fairy Wings and Goblin Sticks (kid friendly). Create your own wearable accessory as an illuminated, imaginary creature of the night. This project is ideal for 10-16 year olds, or adults who want to play.
- A Midsummer Night’s Tempest, Group Art Show and Party, 7:30pm – 11:30pm. This art show and party is free and open to the public, so invite all your friends! We encourage costumes, think Fairy Prom.
- Group fire (by the kitchen), 9:00pm to 2am-ish. Join the fire for conversation, celebration, and ongoing creativity. Note to respect our neighbors, all music is turned down at 11pm.
DAY 4: Sunday, August 7th, 2022
- Open Creativity Lab, open until noon.
- Personal camp take down. If you pack up early, consider helping us take down the Creativity Lab, the art installations, and the kitchen!
- Creativity Lab, art show, and kitchen take down, Noon- 5pm. If you pack up your personal camp early, consider helping us take down the creativity lab!
DAY 5: Monday, August 8th, 2022
- Personal camp take down. We reserved the park an extra day this year so you can take your time taking down your camp and enjoy nature. All camps must be cleared out by noon on Monday.