We invite you to apply for support as a participating artist or creative technologist, to receive free tickets and funds up to $500 to support your project. Participating artists and technology creatives may include visual art, sound, video, performance, landscaping, architectural elements, costumes, and so forth, however all projects should incorporate an electronic or interactive component consistent with the “A Midsummer Night’s Tempest” theme.
- March – June: Recruiting and calls for participation.
- Friday, June 10th, midnight: Application Form deadline (form link below). However, preference is given to earlier applications so email right away!
- June 13th: Notifications of supported projects sent.
- Thursday, August 4th – Sunday, August 7th, Electric Sky: On-site collaboration in the Electric Sky Creativity Lab.
- Sat, August 6th: The Midsummer Night’s Dream installations completed, followed by art show and Fairy Prom party (7:30 – 11:00).
- Sun, August 7th: Takedown. Note we have the park reserved through Sunday for 2022, you may stay until noon on Monday.
All Electric Sky attendees may contribute to the Midsummer Night’s Dream group installation, whether or not they receive support. Please email Shelly Farnham directly with your ideas or to ask how to help, shelly at totallylegitllc dot com. Supported participants will be provided with free overnight camping tickets to Electric Sky and micro-grants (up to $500) to help support costs of implementing their project. If you would like to make something for our theme, and collaborate with fellow artists and makers, please complete our application form by June 10th at midnight.
How to Apply
If you wish to participate as a supported collaborator in the Midsummer Night’s Dream group art show at Electric Sky, please complete and send the attached form by June 10th, 2022. You will be able to keep any materials purchased by your approved project budget after the event.
- First, be sure to read our description of the Midsummer Night’s Tempest group show for our basic design framework.
- Write a response to each of the questions in the form below.
- Send as an email to email@example.com with the subject “Electric Sky — A Midsummer Night’s Dream: Application for Supported Participation”. You may paste your responses directly into your email or attach and send.
- Send by Friday, June 10th at midnight.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Participate with an open spirit of collaboration, seeking to contribute your own special skills and interests, while also taking advantage of the skills and interests of other collaborators — all with patience and good humor.
- Attend the Electric Sky Art and Tech Retreat in Skykomish Washington at least from from Friday Aug 5th to – Sunday August 7th. You may arrive as early as Thursday but please be there by Friday evening in time for our first organizing group meeting at 7pm. You may stay until Monday at noon.
- At the minimum set up and take down your contribution to the Midsummer Night’s Dream group art show, but also help/collaborate with others.
- Submit receipts to be reimbursed for your approved project budget within 30 days of Electric Sky (September 7th). If you cannot purchase materials out of pocket, you may also coordinate with Shelly Farnham (the creative director) to have materials purchased for you. Email shelly at totallylegitllc.com.
- If you later exhibit your sponsored work at another show after Electric Sky, we ask that you indicate in your signage “sponsored by Electric Sky” to help spread the word about our great event.