2019 Schedule 2019 Schedule 2019 Schedule 2019
The camp site will be open Thursday – Sunday, July 25th-28th, 2019. Thursday is optional for early arrival and setup, or to get an early start in the Creativity Lab. Friday starts with workshops. The first all-up coordinating meeting is 7pm on Friday, and our BioZoom art show is Sat at 7pm.
|All day||Early arrival and personal camp setup
Creativity Lab setup
|8:00pm – 11:00pm||Group fire and early arrival informal meetup|
|All day||Arrival and personal camp setup|
|All day, all night||Open Creativity Lab|
|2:00pm – 4:00pm||Workshop: Light Art with Arduinos, LEDs, and Vinyl|
|7:00pm-10:00pm||Welcome remarks & overview
Pitches & team formation
|10:00pm – 2:00am||Group fire|
|All day, all night||Open Creativity Lab|
|10:00am – 12:00pm||Workshop: BioZoom with Microscopes. Explore nature and inspire your art at the microscopic scale! (for kids of any age).|
|12:00pm – 1:30pm||Workshop: The Joys of the Laser Cutter|
|6:00pm – 7:00pm||Group dinner|
|7:30pm – 11:30pm||BioZoom Opening Party
Experience new perspectives Zoomed in and Zoomed Out! Party is open to the general public, invite your friends!
|9:00pm – 2:00am||Group fire|
|9:00am – 12:00pm||Open Creativity Lab|
|10:00am – 12:00pm||Personal camp take down|
|12:00pm – 5:00pm||Creativity Lab, Kitchen and BioZoom takedown|
We know some of you cannot wait until July, so here’s how you can get involved now:
- Planning and Organizing: This event is based on volunteer effort! Do you have ideas for what should be there? Do you want to help organize? Would you like to organize a workshop? Would you like to help set it up or take it town? Please contact Shelly Farnham the lead organizer at shelly <at> TotallyLegitLLC <dot> com to get more involved.
- Brainstorming and Recruiting: Do the brainstorming and pre-preparation required to hit the ground running when you arrive. Recruit your collaborators, friends, or family to join you.
DAY 1: Thursday, July 25th, 2019
- Early arrival, personal camp setup, and lab setup: You may arrive any time Thursday to get your camp set up, enjoy the environment, start working on your project, or help set up the creativity lab. Camp placement is first come first serve, but please be mindful of designated areas on the layout map. If you are in the wrong place you will be asked to move.
- Early Arrivals Meetup, 8pm – 11pm, at the group fire (by the kitchen): Early arrivals meetup, with casual conversation about project ideas.
DAY 2: Friday, July 26th, 2019
- Arrival and personal camp set up, all day: Arrive, set up your camp, enjoy the environment.
- Open Creativity Lab, all day, all night: The creatively lab will be open all day and night, you may dive in to your project-ing at any time, or wait until our coordinating meetup at 7pm. In the lab, there will be wifi (limited to project-related browsing), basic electronics tools and supplies, and miscellaneous art supplies to spark creativity.
- Workshop: Light Art with Arduinos, LEDs, and Vinyl, 2pm-4pm, at the Creativity Lab. Hosted by Shelly Farnham. We will introduce you to Arduinos, LEDs and Vinyl Diecutting to help make light art with Biological patterns. Even if you don’t like to code, we will get you set up for your Electric Sky project. Bring a laptop if you have one.
- Kickoff Meeting with welcome remarks, pitches, and team formation, 7pm-10pm, at the Creativity Lab. To get the most out of Electric Sky, please come to this all up coordinating meetup. We will provide a brief overview of the event, and people will have the opportunity to share their ideas, brainstorm new ideas, recruit others to help, and form teams.
- Group fire, (by the kitchen), 9pm to 2am-ish. Join the fire for conversation and ideas.
DAY 3: Saturday, July 27th, 2019
- Open Creativity Lab, all day, all night.
- Workshop: 10:00am-12:00pm. BioZoom with Microscopes. Explore nature and inspire your art at the microscopic scale! This is where art meets science. (For kids/adults of any age).
- Workshop: 12:00-1:30PM The Joys of the Laser Cutter.
- BioZoom Show, Our Group Installation Party, 7:30pm – 11:30pm. This party is free and open to the public, so invite all your friends! If you are making something for the BioZoom Show, please be done by 7:30pm.
- Group fire (by the kitchen), 9:00pm to 2am-ish. Join the fire for conversation, celebration, and ongoing creativity. Note to respect our neighbors, music is turned down at 11pm.
DAY 4: Sunday, July 28th, 2019
- Open Creativity Lab, open until noon.
- Personal camp take down, until noon (because campsites are reserved only until noon). If you pack up early, consider helping us take down the Creativity Lab, the BioZoom installations, and the kitchen!
- Creativity Lab, BioZoom, and kitchen take down, Noon- 5pm. If you pack up your personal camp early, consider helping us take down the creativity lab!