We know you cannot wait, so here’s how you can get involved now:
- Planning and Organizing: This event is based on volunteer effort, so it will be as great as we make it. Do you have ideas for what should be there? Do you want to help organize? Would you like to organize a workshop? Would you like to help set it up or take it town? Please contact Shelly Farnham the lead organizer at shelly <at> TotallyLegitLLC <dot> com to get more involved.
- Brainstorming and Recruiting: Do the brainstorming and pre-preparation required to hit the ground running when you arrive. Recruit your collaborators, friends, or family to join you.
2018 Schedule 2018 Schedule 2018 Schedule
The camp site will be open Thursday – Sunday, August 2nd-5th, 2018. Thursday is optional for early arrival and setup, or to get an early start in the Creativity Lab. Friday starts with workshops. The first all-up coordinating meeting is 7pm on Friday.
|All day||Early arrival and personal camp setup
Creativity Lab setup
|8:00pm – 11:00pm||Group fire and early arrival informal meetup|
|All day||Arrival and personal camp setup|
|All day, all night||Open Creativity Lab|
|2:00pm – 3:30pm||Workshop: Working with Arduinos and Motors. See details below.|
|7:00pm-10:00pm||Welcome remarks & overview
Pitches & team formation
|10:00pm – 2:00am||Group fire|
|All day, all night||Open Creativity Lab|
|10:00am – 12:00pm||Workshop: Storytelling with Video. Help tell the stories of frontier history through video clips! (for kids of any age).|
|12:00pm – 1:30pm||Workshop: The Joys of the Laser Cutter|
|6:00pm – 7:00pm||Group dinner|
|7:30pm – 11:30pm||THE DIGITAL FRONTIER Opening Party
Take a walk through the digital frontier! Party is open to the general public, invite your friends!
|9:00pm – 2:00am||Group fire|
|All day until 4pm||Open Creativity Lab|
|all day until 7:00pm||Personal camp take down|
|4:00pm – 7:00pm||Creativity Lab, Digital Frontier, and Kitchen takedown|
DAY 1: Thursday, August 2nd, 2018
- Early arrival, personal camp setup, and lab setup: You may arrive any time Thursday to get your camp set up, enjoy the environment, start working on your project, or help set up the creativity lab. Camp placement is first come first serve, but please be mindful of designated areas on the layout map. If you are in the wrong place you will be asked to move.
- Early Arrivals Meetup, 8pm – 11pm, at the group fire (by the kitchen): Early arrivals meetup, with a round of introductions and casual conversation about project ideas.
DAY 2: Friday, August 3rd, 2018
- Arrival and personal camp set up, all day: Arrive, set up your camp, enjoy the environment.
- Open Creativity Lab, all day, all night: The creatively lab will be open all day and night, you may dive in to your project-ing at any time, or wait until our coordinating meetup at 7pm. In the lab, there will be wifi (limited to project-related browsing), basic electronics tools and supplies, and miscellaneous art supplies to spark creativity.
- Workshop: Introducing Arduinos and Motors, 1pm-4pm, at the Creativity Lab. Hosted by Shelly Farnham. Introducing Arduinos and Motors to help make your project move! Even if you don’t like to code, we will get you set up for your Electric Sky project. You must bring a laptop.
- Kickoff Meeting with welcome remarks, pitches, and team formation, 7pm-10pm, at the Creativity Lab. To get the most out of Electric Sky, please come to this all up coordinating meetup. We will provide a brief overview of the event, and people will have the opportunity to share their ideas, brainstorm new ideas, recruit others to help, and form teams.
- Group fire, (by the kitchen), 9pm to 2am-ish. Join the fire for conversation and ideas.
DAY 3: Saturday, August 4th, 2018
- Open Creativity Lab, all day, all night.
- Workshop: 10:00am-12:00pm. Telling Story with Video. Learn to tell historic stories through short videos. Bring your “Digital Frontier” costumes!
- Workshop: 2:00-3:30PM The Joys of the Laser Cutter.
- The Digital Frontier, Our Group Installation Party with Show and Tell Presentations, 7:30pm – 11:30pm. This party is free and open to the public, so invite all your friends! If you are making something for the Digital Frontier, please be done by 7:30pm.
- Group fire (by the kitchen), 9:00pm to 2am-ish. Join the fire for conversation, celebration, and ongoing creativity.
DAY 4: Sunday, August 5th, 2018
- Open Creativity Lab, all day until 4pm.
- Personal camp take down, all day until 7pm. If you pack up early, consider helping us take down the Creativity Lab, the Digital Frontier, and the kitchen!
- Creativity Lab, Digital Frontier, and kitchen take down, 4pm – 7pm. If you pack up your personal camp early, consider helping us take down the creativity lab!