2019 Schedule 2019 Schedule 2019 Schedule 2019
The camp site will be open Thursday – Sunday, July 25th-28th, 2019. Thursday is optional for early arrival and setup, or to get an early start in the Creativity Lab. Friday starts with workshops. The first all-up coordinating meeting is 7pm on Friday, and our BioZoom art show is Sat at 7pm.
|All day||Early arrival and personal camp setup
Creativity Lab setup
|8:00pm – 11:00pm||Group fire and early arrival informal meetup|
|All day||Arrival and personal camp setup|
|All day, all night||Open Creativity Lab|
|2:00pm – 4:00pm||Workshop: Solar Powered LEDs for Art in Trees (learn more below)|
|7:00pm – 8:00pm||Welcome remarks & overview
Pitches & team formation
|10:00pm – 2:00am||Group fire|
|All day, all night||Open Creativity Lab|
|10:00am – 12:00pm||Workshop: ASKXXI Digital Field-based Methods in Botanical Illustration (more below).|
|12:00pm – 1:30pm||Workshop: Nature Kaleidoscope Making (kid friendly, learn more below)|
|6:00pm – 7:00pm||Group dinner|
|7:30pm – 11:30pm||BioZoom Art Show Opening Party
Experience new perspectives Zoomed in and Zoomed Out! Party is open to the general public, invite your friends!
|9:00pm – 2:00am||Group fire|
|9:00am – 12:00pm||Open Creativity Lab|
|10:00am – 12:00pm||Personal camp take down|
|12:00pm – 5:00pm||Creativity Lab, Kitchen and BioZoom takedown|
We know some of you cannot wait until July, so here’s how you can get involved now:
- Planning and Organizing: This event is based on volunteer effort! Do you have ideas for what should be there? Do you want to help organize? Would you like to organize a workshop? Would you like to help set it up or take it town? Please contact Shelly Farnham the lead organizer at shelly <at> TotallyLegitLLC <dot> com to get more involved.
- Brainstorming and Recruiting: Do the brainstorming and pre-preparation required to hit the ground running when you arrive. Recruit your collaborators, friends, or family to join you.
DAY 1: Thursday, July 25th, 2019
- Early arrival, personal camp setup, and lab setup: You may arrive any time Thursday to get your camp set up, enjoy the environment, start working on your project, or help set up the creativity lab. Camp placement is first come first serve, but please be mindful of designated areas on the layout map. If you are in the wrong place you will be asked to move.
- Early Arrivals Meetup, 8pm – 11pm, at the group fire (by the kitchen): Early arrivals meetup, with casual conversation about project ideas.
DAY 2: Friday, July 26th, 2019
- Arrival and personal camp set up, all day: Arrive, set up your camp, enjoy the environment.
- Open Creativity Lab, all day, all night: The creatively lab will be open all day and night, you may dive in to your project-ing at any time, or wait until our coordinating meetup at 7pm. In the lab, there will be wifi (limited to project-related browsing), basic electronics tools and supplies, and miscellaneous art supplies to spark creativity.
- Workshop: Solar Powered LEDs for Art in Trees, 2pm-4pm, at the Creativity Lab. Hosted by Shelly Farnham. We will introduce you to using arduinos to work with solar panels and LEDs, so that you can light for art from the sun in the trees! Even if you don’t like to code, we will get you set up for your Electric Sky project. Bring a laptop if you have one. Space is limited, please register to reserve your spot.
- Kickoff Meeting with welcome remarks, pitches, and team formation, 7pm-8pm, at the Creativity Lab. To get the most out of Electric Sky, please come to this all up coordinating meetup. We will provide a brief overview of the event, and people will have the opportunity to share their ideas, brainstorm new ideas, recruit others to help, and form teams.
- Group fire, (by the kitchen), 9pm to 2am-ish. Join the fire for conversation and ideas.
DAY 3: Saturday, July 27th, 2019
- Open Creativity Lab, all day, all night.
- Workshop: 10:00am-12:00pm. ASKXXI Digital Field-based Methods in Botanical Illustration. A workshop combining art and science methods of observation to bring the terrestrial ecology to the PNW life. You will explore the ecology and biodiversity of the region using digital and mobile methods of microscopy, still/motion photography, image processing/production. Workshop developed and led by Genevieve Tremblay, artist, educator, co-founder of ASKXXI: Art and Science Knowledge in XXI. Please register to reserve your spot.
- Workshop: 12:00-1:30PM Nature Kaleidoscope Making (kid friendly, all ages). Make your own kaleidoscope, including elements from the environment and LEDs so it lights up at night! Hosted by Madison Denton, Dan Walker, and April Denton. No registration required.
- BioZoom Show, Our Group Installation Party, 7:30pm – 11:30pm. We invite you to explore how changing perspectives –whether through a microscope or a telescope — exposes the beautiful, abstract, often fractal, repeating patterns of the universes. This party is free and open to the public, so invite all your friends! If you are making something for the BioZoom Show, please be done by 7:30pm.
- Group fire (by the kitchen), 9:00pm to 2am-ish. Join the fire for conversation, celebration, and ongoing creativity. Note to respect our neighbors, music is turned down at 11pm.
DAY 4: Sunday, July 28th, 2019
- Open Creativity Lab, open until noon.
- Personal camp take down, until noon (because campsites are reserved only until noon). If you pack up early, consider helping us take down the Creativity Lab, the BioZoom installations, and the kitchen!
- Creativity Lab, BioZoom, and kitchen take down, Noon- 5pm. If you pack up your personal camp early, consider helping us take down the creativity lab!