We know you cannot wait, so here’s how you can get involved now:
- Planning and Organizing: This event is based on volunteer effort, so it will be as great as we make it. Do you have ideas for what should be there? Do you want to help organize? Would you like to organize a workshop? Would you like to help set it up or take it town? Please contact Shelly Farnham the lead organizer at shelly <at> TotallyLegitLLC <dot> com to get more involved.
- Brainstorming and Recruiting: Do the brainstorming and pre-preparation required to hit the ground running when you arrive. Recruit your collaborators, friends, or family to join you.
2017 Schedule 2017 Schedule 2017 Schedule
The camp site will be open Thursday – Sunday, June 8th-11th, 2017. Thursday is optional for early arrival and setup, or to get an early start in the Creativity Lab. Friday starts with workshops. The first all-up coordinating meeting is 7pm on Friday.
|All day||Early arrival and personal camp setup
Creativity Lab setup
|8:00pm – 11:00pm||Group fire and early arrival informal meetup|
|All day||Arrival and personal camp setup|
|All day, all night||Open Creativity Lab|
|1:00pm – 4:00pm||Workshop: Working with Arduinos and Sensors. See details below. Registration required.|
|7:00pm-10:00pm||Welcome remarks & overview
Pitches & team formation
|10:00pm – 2:00am||Group fire|
|All day, all night||Open Creativity Lab|
|10:00am – 12:00pm||Workshop: Building a Time Vortex. Build out of found objects, audio, and video in the woods! (for kids of any age). Organized by Carey Christie and crew.|
|12:30pm – 2:00pm||Workshop: Sculpting with Wire Armature. Organized by Justin Rodda.|
|2:00pm – 3:30pm||Workshop: The Joys of the Mini CNC Router. Organized by intrepid maker Kevin Friberg.|
|6:00pm – 7:00pm||Group dinner|
|7:30pm – 11:30pm||WONDERING WOODS Opening Party
Take a walk through the sensing, conscious woods! Party is open to the general public, invite your friends!
|9:00pm – 2:00am||Group fire|
|All day until 4pm||Open Creativity Lab|
|all day until 7:00pm||Personal camp take down|
|4:00pm – 7:00pm||Creativity Lab, Wondering Woods, and Kitchen takedown|
DAY 1: Thursday, June 8th, 2017
- Early arrival, personal camp setup, and lab setup: You may arrive any time Thursday to get your camp set up, enjoy the environment, start working on your project, or help set up the creativity lab. Camp placement is first come first serve, but please be mindful of designated areas on the layout map. If you are in the wrong place you will be asked to move.
- Early Arrivals Meetup, 8pm – 11pm, at the group fire (by the kitchen): Early arrivals meetup, with a round of introductions and casual conversation about project ideas. This is BYOB.
DAY 2: Friday, June 9th, 2017
- Arrival and personal camp set up, all day: Arrive, set up your camp, enjoy the environment.
- Open Creativity Lab, all day, all night: The creatively lab will be open all day and night, you may dive in to your project-ing at any time, or wait until our coordinating meetup at 7pm. In the lab, there will be wifi (limited to project-related browsing), basic electronics tools and supplies, and miscellaneous art supplies to spark creativity.
- Workshop: Introducing Arduinos and Sensors, 1pm-4pm, at the Creativity Lab. Hosted by Shelly Farnham. Introducing Arduinos and Sensors to help make your project respond to people nearby! Even if you don’t like to code, we will get you set up with the controllable lighting you want for your Electric Sky project. This workshop requires registration by May 20th and includes a $40 materials fee, for an arduino starter kit and other supplies. You must bring a laptop.
- Kickoff Meeting with welcome remarks, pitches, and team formation, 7pm-10pm, at the Creativity Lab. To get the most out of Electric Sky, please come to this all up coordinating meetup. We will provide a brief overview of the event, and people will have the opportunity to share their ideas, brainstorm new ideas, recruit others to help, and form teams.
- Group fire, (by the kitchen), 9pm to 2am-ish. Join the fire for conversation and ideas. This is BYOB.
DAY 3: Saturday, June 10th, 2017
- Open Creativity Lab, all day, all night.
- Workshop: 10:00am-12:00pm. Building a Time Vortex. Learn to build out of found objects and create characters from other times using audio technology (for kids of any age). Organized by Carey Christie and crew.
- Workshop: 12:30-2:00PM. Sculpting with Wire Armature. Organized by Justin Rodda.
- Workshop: 2:00-3:30PM The Joys of the Mini CNC Router. Organized by intrepid maker Kevin Friberg.
- Wondering Woods, Our Group Installation Party with Show and Tell Presentations, 7:30pm – 11:30pm. This party is free and open to the public, so invite all your friends! If you are making something for the Wondering Woods, please be done by 7:30pm.
- Group fire (by the kitchen), 9:00pm to 2am-ish. Join the fire for conversation, celebration, and ongoing creativity.
DAY 4: Sunday, June 11th, 2017
- Open Creativity Lab, all day until 4pm.
- Personal camp take down, all day until 7pm. If you pack up early, consider helping us take down the Creativity Lab, Wondering Woods, and the kitchen!
- Creativity Lab, Wondering Woods, and kitchen take down, 4pm – 7pm. If you pack up your personal camp early, consider helping us take down the creativity lab!
- Final take down crew after party, Whistling Post in Skykomish, 8pm: A few of us will be spending the night in town and doing a final round of clean up in the morning, to assure we are a Leave No Trace event. If you want to be a part of the final clean up crew, you are more than welcome, let Shelly know at shelly <at> totallylegitllc <dot> com