Everything in the ball park is within walking distance, however the town of Skykomish is one mile East on Highway 2. As such driving, carpooling, and/or bringing a bike is recommended. Skykomish is a small town, and most places are within walking distance of each other. Click here for an interactive map with key locations of interest for the Sky Art Week.
Skykomish is 65 miles Northeast of Seattle on Highway 2, and just 16 miles West of Steven’s Pass.
- From Seattle: Take WA-520 E to I-405 N, then WA-522 E until you get to Monroe, where you will turn onto US-2 E/U.S. Rte 2 E. Monroe is the last large town on the way, with a Fred Meyer’s, a Lowe’s, and a Safeway. From Monroe, take US 2 E another 45 minute drive to Skykomish. The drive without stops or traffic is about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Getting to Electric Sky at the Skykomish Ball Park: From Skykomish, continue east on highway Us-2 for 1 mile, until you see a sign that says Beckler Road on your right. The dirt road immediately after this sign on the right is the City Ball Park Road. Turn right onto this road. Please drive slowly on the dirt road and around the ball park.
- Bus: There is an Amtrak bus that goes to Skykomish once a day, leaving at 8:50am and arriving at 11:15am. It returns every day leaving Skykomish at 2:15pm and arriving in Seattle at 4:45pm. Learn more and buy tickets here: http://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak
PLACES TO STAY
- Camping will be available in the Skykomish Ball Park to all those attending Electric Sky, including space for campers and RVs (though no power/waste hookups). Please register to secure your spot!
- If you want to participate but do not want to camp, the Cascadia Inn offers inexpensive rooms in the heart of Skykomish.
- You are expected to be self-sufficient for your meals, with the exception of our group dinner on Saturday night. There is a large community kitchen with electricity you may use to cook.
- If you prefer to eat out, there are a few places in Skykomish, 1 mile down the road:
- Sky Liquor & Deli
- Cascadia Inn Cafe and Lounge
- Whistling Post Tavern
- Sky Gas and Grocery
WHAT TO SEE NEARBY
- Skykomish Historical Society’s Museum and Historic Walk
- Depot Train Museum with Miniature Train Ride
- Skykomish Forest Service Hikes
- Highway_2_corridor points of interest
- Other nearby hikes (see our map)
- Interpretive walk (in town)
- Miller river washout (2 mi drive)
- Iron Goat Trail (10 mi drive)
- Lookout cliff (30 mi drive dirt road)
MORE ABOUT SKYKOMISH & SKY VALLEY