We invite you to apply for support as a participating artist or creative technologist, to receive free tickets and funds up to $200 to support your project. Participating artists and technology creatives may include visual art, sound, video, performance, landscaping, architectural elements, and so forth, however all projects should incorporate an electronic or interactive component consistent with the BioZoom theme.
- February – April: Recruiting and calls for participation.
- April 30th, midnight: Application Form deadline (form link below).
- May 7th: Notifications of supported participation sent.
- May – July: Brainstorming, planning, and pre-event work parties.
- Thu, July 25th – Sun, July 28th at Electric Sky: On-site collaboration in the Electric Sky Creativity Lab.
- Sat, July 27th: The BioZoom installations completed, followed by opening night party.
- Sun, July 28th: Takedown.
Why Apply as a Supported Collaborator
All Electric Sky attendees may contribute to the BioZoom group installation, whether or not they receive support. Please email Shelly Farnham directly with your ideas or to ask how to help, shelly at totallylegitllc dot com. Supported participants will be provided with free overnight camping tickets to Electric Sky and micro-grants (up to $200) to help support costs of implementing their aspect of the collaboration. If you would like to join our collaboration and seek free overnight camping tickets or support in material project costs, please complete our application form by April 30th at midnight.
If you wish to participate as a supported collaborator in the BioZoom collaboration, please complete and send the attached form by April 30th, 2019. You will be able to keep any materials purchased by your approved project budget after the event.
- First, be sure to read our description of the BioZoom and our basic design framework.
- Write a response to each of the questions in the form below.
- Send as an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject BioZoom Application for Supported Participation. You may paste your responses directly into your email or attach and send.
- Send by Tuesday, April 30th at midnight.
Requirements and expectations for supported participation:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Participate with an open spirit of collaboration, seeking to contribute your own special skills and interests, while also taking advantage of the skills and interests of other collaborators — all with patience and good humor.
- Participate in at least one BioZoom brainstorming and planning meetings prior to the Electric Sky event (schedule to be determined based on participants’ availability).
- Attend the Electric Sky Art and Tech Retreat in Skykomish Washington from Friday July 26th– Sunday July 28th. You may arrive as early as Thursday, but please be there by Friday evening in time for our first organizing group meeting.
- At the minimum set up and take down your contribution to the BioZoom group collaborations, but also help/collaborate with others.
- Submit receipts to be reimbursed for your approved project budget within 30 days of Electric Sky. If you cannot purchase materials out of pocket, you may also coordinate with Shelly Farnham (the creative director) to have materials purchased for you. Email shelly at totallylegitllc.com.
- If you exhibit your sponsored work after Electric Sky, we ask that you indicate in your signage “sponsored by Electric Sky” to help spread the word about our great event.