The camp site will be open Thursday – Sunday, July 30th-August 2nd, 2020. Thursday is optional for early arrival and setup, or to get an early start in the Creativity Lab. Friday starts with workshops. The first all-up coordinating meeting is 7pm on Friday, and our Game on! art show is Saturday at 7pm.
|All day||Early arrival and personal camp setup
Creativity Lab setup
|8:00pm – 11:00pm||Group fire and early arrival informal meetup|
|All day||Arrival and personal camp setup|
|All day, all night||Open Creativity Lab|
|2:00pm – 4:00pm||Workshop: Make Your Own Fortune Teller (using an Arduino, LCD display, & Buttons)|
|7:00pm – 8:00pm||Welcome remarks & overview
Pitches & team formation
|10:00pm – 2:00am||Group fire|
|All day, all night||Open Creativity Lab|
|10:00am – 12:00pm||Workshop: Interactivity for Play in Immersive Environments|
|12:00pm – 1:30pm||Workshop: Make Your Own “Operation Man” (kid friendly, with both drawing and electronics, learn more below)|
|6:00pm – 7:00pm||Group dinner|
|7:30pm – 11:30pm||Game On! Art Show Opening Party
Experience experimental projects exploring the art and tech of games. Party is open to the general public, invite your friends!
|9:00pm – 2:00am||Group fire|
|9:00am – 12:00pm||Open Creativity Lab|
|10:00am – 12:00pm||Personal camp take down|
|12:00pm – 5:00pm||Creativity Lab, Kitchen and Game On! takedown|
We know some of you cannot wait until July, so here’s how you can get involved now:
- Planning and Organizing: This event is based on volunteer effort! Do you have ideas for what should be there? Do you want to help organize? Would you like to organize a workshop? Would you like to help set it up or take it town? Please contact Shelly Farnham the lead organizer at shelly <at> TotallyLegitLLC <dot> com to get more involved.
- Brainstorming and Recruiting: Do the brainstorming and pre-preparation required to hit the ground running when you arrive. Recruit your collaborators, friends, or family to join you.
DAY 1: Thursday, July 30th, 2020
- Early arrival, personal camp setup, and lab setup: You may arrive any time Thursday to get your camp set up, enjoy the environment, start working on your project, or help set up the creativity lab. Camp placement is first come first serve, but please be mindful of designated areas on the layout map. If you are in the wrong place you will be asked to move.
- Early Arrivals Meetup, 8pm – 11pm, at the group fire (by the kitchen): Early arrivals meetup, with casual conversation about project ideas.
DAY 2: Friday, July 31st, 2020
- Arrival and personal camp set up, all day: Arrive, set up your camp, enjoy the environment.
- Open Creativity Lab, all day, all night: The creatively lab will be open all day and night, you may dive in to your project-ing at any time, or wait until our coordinating meetup at 7pm. In the lab, there will be wifi (limited to project-related browsing), basic electronics tools and supplies, and miscellaneous art supplies to spark creativity.
- Workshop: Make Your Own Fortune Teller (using an Arduino, LCD display, & Buttons, 2pm-4pm, at the Creativity Lab. Hosted by Josh Lind. We will introduce you to using arduinos to create a simple fortune telling game, including the use of LCD screens, buttons, and LEDs. Even if you don’t like to code, we will get you set up for your Electric Sky project. Bring a laptop if you have one. Space is limited, please register to reserve your spot.
- Kickoff Meeting with welcome remarks, pitches, and team formation, 7pm-8pm, at the Creativity Lab. To get the most out of Electric Sky, please come to this all up coordinating meetup. We will provide a brief overview of the event, and people will have the opportunity to share their ideas, brainstorm new ideas, recruit others to help, and form teams.
- Group fire, (by the kitchen), 9pm to 2am-ish. Join the fire for conversation and ideas.
DAY 3: Saturday, August 1st, 2020
- Open Creativity Lab, all day, all night.
- Workshop: 10:00am-12:00pm. Interactivity for Play in Immersive Environments. There’s a new world of immersive and augmented reality games as 3D environments are increasingly easy to make and the costs of 3D or augmented technologies go down. Join us for a basic demo of how you might start as a maker in this space. Host TBD.
- Workshop: 12:00-1:30PM Make Your Own “Operation Man” (kid friendly, with both drawing and really basic electronics). Make your own buzzing game, by drawing your own “Operation Man” and wiring it up to a buzzer! Hosted by Shelly Farnham. No registration required.
- Game On! Group Art Show, Our Group Installation Party, 7:00pm – 11:30pm. We invite you to explore the art and tech of games — with everything that goes into playful interactivity, ranging from the buttons, switches, and buzzers of electro-mechanical machines, to the 3D art of immersive reality. This party is free and open to the public, so invite all your friends! If you are making something for the Game On! Show, please be done by 7:00pm.
- Group fire (by the kitchen), 9:00pm to 2am-ish. Join the fire for conversation, celebration, and ongoing creativity. Note to respect our neighbors, all music is turned down at 11pm.
DAY 4: Sunday, August 2nd, 2020
- Open Creativity Lab, open until noon.
- Personal camp take down, until noon (because campsites are reserved only until noon). If you pack up early, consider helping us take down the Creativity Lab, the Game On! installations, and the kitchen!
- Creativity Lab, Game On! art show, and kitchen take down, Noon- 5pm. If you pack up your personal camp early, consider helping us take down the creativity lab!