The camp site will be open Thursday – Sunday, July 29th-August 1st, 2021. Thursday is optional for early arrival and setup, or to get an early start in the Creativity Lab. Friday starts with workshops. The first all-up coordinating meeting is 7pm on Friday, and our Game on! art show is Saturday at 7pm.
PLEASE NOTE SCHEDULE IS TENTATIVE DEPENDING ON KING COUNTY’S COVID 19 PHASES.
|All day||Early arrival and personal camp setup
Creativity Lab setup
|8:00pm – 11:00pm||Group fire and early arrival informal meetup|
|All day||Arrival and personal camp setup|
|All day, all night||Open Creativity Lab|
7:00pm – 8:00pm
Around the room project descriptions and group formations
|8:30pm – 10:00pm||
Workshop: Make Your Own Fortune Teller (using an Arduino, LCD display, & Buttons)
10:00pm – 2:00am
|All day, all night||Open Creativity Lab|
|10:00am – 12:00pm||Workshop: Painting in Immersive Environments|
|12:00pm – 1:30pm||Workshop: Make Your Own “Operation Man” (kid friendly, with both drawing and electronics, learn more below)|
|6:00pm – 7:00pm||Group dinner|
|7:30pm – 11:30pm||Game On! Art Show Opening Party
Experience experimental projects exploring the art and tech of games.
|9:00pm – 2:00am||Group fire|
|9:00am – 12:00pm||Open Creativity Lab|
|10:00am – 12:00pm||Personal camp take down|
|12:00pm – 5:00pm||Creativity Lab, Kitchen and Game On! takedown|
We know some of you cannot wait until the end of July, so here’s how you can get involved now:
- Planning and Organizing: This event is based on volunteer effort! Do you have ideas for what should be there? Do you want to help organize? Would you like to organize a workshop? Would you like to help set it up or take it town? Please contact Shelly Farnham the lead organizer at shelly <at> TotallyLegitLLC <dot> com to get more involved.
- Brainstorming and Recruiting: Do the brainstorming and pre-preparation required to hit the ground running when you arrive. Recruit your collaborators, friends, or family to join you.
DAY 1: Thursday, July 29th, 2021
- Early arrival, personal camp setup, and lab setup: You may arrive any time Thursday to get your camp set up, enjoy the environment, start working on your project, or help set up the creativity lab. Camp placement is first come first serve, but please be mindful of designated areas on the layout map. If you are in the wrong place you will be asked to move. If you are *really* eager, there will be a small crew there as of Weds, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Arrivals Meetup, 8pm – 11pm, at the group fire (by the kitchen): Early arrivals meetup, with casual conversation about project ideas.
DAY 2: Friday, July 28th, 2021
- Arrival and personal camp set up, all day: Arrive, set up your camp, enjoy the environment.
- Open Creativity Lab, all day, all night: The creatively lab will be open all day and night, you may dive in to your project-ing at any time, or wait until our coordinating meetup at 7pm. In the lab, there will be wifi (limited to project-related browsing), basic electronics tools and supplies, and miscellaneous art supplies to spark creativity.
- Kickoff Meeting with welcome remarks, pitches, and team formation, 7pm-8pm, at the Creativity Lab. To get the most out of Electric Sky, please come to this all up coordinating meetup. We will provide a brief overview of the event, and people will have the opportunity to share their ideas, brainstorm new ideas, recruit others to help, and form teams.
- Workshop: Make Your Own Fortune Teller (using an Arduino, LCD display, & Buttons, 8:30pm-10:30pm, at the Creativity Lab. You and/or your team will build a fortune-telling arcade machine with your unique charm! We will provide a free kit with basic electronic ingredients so you can display messages (LCD screen + arduino), accept coins, and press buttons! You bring a box, suitcase, or whatever to contain your magic device. Show off your project in our group show on Saturday. Learn more here! Hosted by Josh Lind. There are only 8 kits available, so email Josh at email@example.com to save your spot.
- Group fire, (by the kitchen), 9pm to 2am-ish. Join the fire for conversation and ideas.
DAY 3: Saturday, July 30th, 2021
- Open Creativity Lab, all day, all night.
- Workshop: 10:00am-12:00pm. Painting in Virtual Reality. In this workshop we will first provide a demo of 3D/virtual painting in Tiltbrush (using Oculus). You will then complete a general tutorial for using Oculus 2, and then have the opportunity to experiment with the VR painting tools in a collaborative virtual space. After the workshop, you can sign up for more extended time in the TiltBrush studio space. Hosted by Genevieve Tremblay.
- Workshop: 12:00-1:30PM Make Your Own “Operation Man” (kid friendly, with both drawing and really basic electronics). In this workshop you’ll draw your own image such as a dog, robot, or fairy, and then wire up tweezers, an LED and a buzzer just like the Operation Man game. This project is a good start for learning about electronic circuits, ideal for 10-16 year olds, or adults who want to play. Hosted by Shelly Farnham. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot, otherwise it is first come first serve.
- Game On! Group Art Show, Our Group Installation Party, 7:00pm – 11:30pm. We invite you to explore the art and tech of games — with everything that goes into playful interactivity, ranging from the buttons, switches, and buzzers of electro-mechanical machines, to the 3D art of immersive reality. This party is free and open to the public, so invite all your friends! If you are making something for the Game On! Show, please be done by 7:00pm.
- Group fire (by the kitchen), 9:00pm to 2am-ish. Join the fire for conversation, celebration, and ongoing creativity. Note to respect our neighbors, all music is turned down at 11pm.
DAY 4: Sunday, August 1st, 2021
- Open Creativity Lab, open until noon.
- Personal camp take down, until noon (because campsites are reserved only until noon). If you pack up early, consider helping us take down the Creativity Lab, the Game On! installations, and the kitchen!
- Creativity Lab, Game On! art show, and kitchen take down, Noon- 5pm. If you pack up your personal camp early, consider helping us take down the creativity lab!