We invite you to apply for support as a participating artist or creative technologist, to receive free tickets and funds up to $500 to support your project. Participating artists and technology creatives may include visual art, sound, video, performance, landscaping, architectural elements, and so forth, however all projects should incorporate an electronic or interactive component consistent with the “Game On!” theme.
- March – May: Recruiting and calls for participation.
- May 18th, midnight: Application Form deadline (form link below).
- May 25th: Notifications of supported participation sent.
- June – July: Brainstorming, planning, and pre-event work parties.
- Thu, July 30th – Sun, August 2nd at Electric Sky: On-site collaboration in the Electric Sky Creativity Lab.
- Sat, August 1st: The Game On! installations completed, followed by opening night party.
- Sun, August 2nd: Takedown.
All Electric Sky attendees may contribute to the Game On! group installation, whether or not they receive support. Please email Shelly Farnham directly with your ideas or to ask how to help, shelly at totallylegitllc dot com. Supported participants will be provided with free overnight camping tickets to Electric Sky and micro-grants (up to $500) to help support costs of implementing their project. If you would like to make something in our theme, and collaborate with fellow artists and makers, please complete our application form by May 18th at midnight.
How to Apply
If you wish to participate as a supported collaborator in the Game On! group art show at Electric Sky, please complete and send the attached form by May 18th, 2020. You will be able to keep any materials purchased by your approved project budget after the event.
- First, be sure to read our description of the Game On! group show our basic design framework.
- Write a response to each of the questions in the form below.
- Send as an email to email@example.com with the subject Game On! Application for Supported Participation. You may paste your responses directly into your email or attach and send.
- Send by Monday, May 18th at midnight.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Participate with an open spirit of collaboration, seeking to contribute your own special skills and interests, while also taking advantage of the skills and interests of other collaborators — all with patience and good humor.
- Participate in at least one Game On! brainstorming and planning meetings prior to the Electric Sky event (schedule to be determined based on participants’ availability).
- Attend the Electric Sky Art and Tech Retreat in Skykomish Washington from Friday July 31st– Sunday August 2nd. You may arrive as early as Thursday, but please be there by Friday evening in time for our first organizing group meeting.
- At the minimum set up and take down your contribution to the Game On! group art show, but also help/collaborate with others.
- Submit receipts to be reimbursed for your approved project budget within 30 days of Electric Sky (September 2nd). If you cannot purchase materials out of pocket, you may also coordinate with Shelly Farnham (the creative director) to have materials purchased for you. Email shelly at totallylegitllc.com.
- If you later exhibit your sponsored work at another show after Electric Sky, we ask that you indicate in your signage “sponsored by Electric Sky” to help spread the word about our great event.